From my perspective, having helped home care agencies market their services for almost 10 years, businesses fall in to some short categories.
I need home care leads RIGHT NOW or disaster will strike.
- I need home care leads to increase over the next 90-180 days.
- I need home care leads always- but we are doing pretty well over all.
For the folks who fall into #1 needing leads RIGHT NOW…this is a really tough place to find yourself.
In this case I believe that the business model or mode of operation probably needs to be addressed first, reconfigured, reassessed. There are always hiccups during a start-up phase, but minimizing financial crisis is always a top priority.
In this case the only way to get leads RIGHT NOW is to spend more money buying leads. We don’t have any loyalty to a particular lead generation company. However, we do hear good things about CareinHomes.com – no we don’t make any money by referring them, we don’t know who owns or runs this business, we just know that we hear good things in general. Check them out if you are in a sticky situation.
Buying leads is a super-passion for some home care business owners. They excel at this, they love it, they close a high percentage of the purchased leads.
For a higher number of business owners, this isn’t the golden ticket. You have to be fast, on top of things, and ready to make a phone call day or night. You must follow up, be persistent, kind, educational and patient. Lots of work! These leads aren’t cheap.
For the folks who fall into #2 needing to increase leads over the next 90-180 days….this is a much better situation. This is manageable! Doable! But how?
You always have the same option as the #1 RIGHT NOW folks – buying leads. But, in your case, you also have the advantage of time.
In that time, I would do the following:
Direct referral marketing in the highest order. Learn it, do it, be relentless about it. Be the best of the best. Be everywhere all the time. Full time job, but increases your revenue! Get some advice from our friends Steve “The Hurricane” or Melanie Stover. Both know their stuff and can help you knock it out of the park.
- Analyze your online marketing plan. No plan? Get a plan. Some of our clients tell us that 50% of their leads come from online marketing. Some clients (not many) tell us that ALL of their leads are coming from online marketing. Your online marketing plan includes the following:
- Website – Janky? New? Outdated? Fabulous? Mobile Responsive?
- Content- real content on a weekly basis in the form of blog posts (articles).
- Your static pages of your websites (About Us, Home, Our Services, Contact Us) are search engine optimized.
- Your new fresh unique elder care content in the form of articles/blog posts are also search engine optimized.
- Your social media is knocking it out of the universe. Especially FACEBOOK.
- You are on the first page of Google for at least SOME of your keyword phrases.
- You have a monthly e-newsletter that really does go out every month without fail. (not just when you get around to it)
Finally for the well-established home care agencies who are doing pretty well but of course would love new business at any time….you are in the best place of all.
You always have the same option as the #1 and #2 folks have, but in your case, there’s a little more cash flow on the table to experiment with things like Facebook Ads and Google Adwords.
Do I recommend Google Adwords for home care agencies? Heck no. It’s expensive. If you spend $1000 per month on Google Adwords – 80% will go to employment seekers, and 20% will go to people who have a need, but many of them will only qualify for Medicaid services.
If you have the cash flow, should you try it? Sure! But don’t use a company that does not understand the complexity of your home care business, your home care clients, and the adult child of the aging parent. This isn’t a plumbing business, this is about quality of life, trust and authority. Work with a company that understands your demographic. (That’s us!)
What about Facebook Ads? I’ve had the opportunity to see that this does work, but it’s limited in it’s scope. Done incorrectly, it’s a bomb. Done correctly, you can generate leads, but the quality of the leads is the unknown. On a much simpler note, all of those potential leads can become monthly newsletter subscribers and can be followed up with a series of emails.
- Get to work!
- Start direct referral marketing efforts.
- Start or revise your online marketing plan.
- Experiment with avenues you haven’t tried, or maybe haven’t tried in a long time.
- Work with a company that can help with all your online marketing needs.
Talk to me by calling 888-404-1513 or email Valerie@LTCEP.com or visit us online at https://www.ltcsocialmark.com/contact-us-about-elder-care-marketing/